Denver Language School (DLS) is a one-of-a-kind charter school of the Denver Public School system. We offer K-8 education like any other school—but kids are taught the core academic classes in either Mandarin Chinese or Spanish. Language immersion provides a whole host of educational benefits for your child now:
- Immersion is the most effective method of language instruction in the U.S.—and the fastest growing.
- Having a second language increases a child’s skills in abstract reasoning, listening and problem-solving, allowing them to excel at other subjects as well. In fact, studies show that immersion students outperform non-immersion peers in math and English standardized tests by fifth grade.
- Students who have high levels of proficiency in two or more languages score better on tests like the SAT, giving them an edge in college applications.
And important benefits for your child later in life also:
- Being bilingual opens doors to a world of important and higher-paying career opportunities in a global workforce.
- Immersion education expands cultural awareness and understanding, and creates empathetic and knowledgeable world citizens.
- 4 out of 5 new jobs in Colorado are directly related to international trade.
Imagine your child, happily engaged in telling a story to a friend….animated and excited…speaking easily in Mandarin Chinese or Spanish!
Now imagine your child all grown up….focused on an exciting career in international business…conversing with a client…helping close an important global deal in Mandarin or Spanish.
It’s not far-fetched at all. At Denver Language School, children are learning Mandarin Chinese or Spanish through a progressive—and proven—language immersion program. It’s a K-8 education unlike any other in Colorado:
- Provides the most effective means of learning a second language
- Helps your child achieve higher levels of abstract reasoning
- Encourages your child to become a better listener and problem-solver
- Builds cultural awareness
These are just a few of the benefits. Click here to learn more and see the many research based articles that prove the language immersion benefits.