To Achieve Academic Excellence and Intercultural Competence through Language Immersion Education.
- To become a model of students acquiring superior second language skills as the basis for high overall academic achievement.
- To develop the knowledge and skills in students necessary to be productive and valued citizens in a culturally diverse, global economy.
- To prepare all students to be academically successful in their choice of secondary and post secondary education options.
- To create an innovative school that can be replicated in Colorado and nationally.
Principles & Values
The Denver Language School culture is based on three guiding principles and five core values.
- High Standards - To create an academic culture which expects high achievement and best efforts from all students, while ensuring they have the necessary support to succeed.
- Integrated Values and Beliefs - To build a common understanding that each student will embrace a community-based perspective, sharing in its benefits, responsibilities and sacrifices.
- Personalized Instruction and Attention - To create a learning community where students are nurtured and supported individually and collectively to achieve their potential.
- Respect - Appreciate the value of each member of the school community and property and demonstrate it through words, actions and attitudes.
- Community - Recognize that individuals prosper with a purpose larger than themselves—everyone is responsible to the school community.
- Integrity - Be truthful and fair.
- Cultural Appreciation - Honor the world’s wide array of people, languages, cultures, religions, races, values and beliefs.
- Best Efforts - Everyone always tries their hardest.