Dear 4th Grade Parents,
I am excited to begin the 2014-2015 school year at Denver Language School. My name is Yewei Jiang, and I was a 5th grade teacher last school year. Before I came to DLS, I worked as an immersion teacher for Global Village Academy for more than three years. This school year, I’ll be a Language Arts (Mandarin) and Social studies teacher in 4th grade. I am very happy to have your child in my classroom. I believe that by working hard together we can make this a very successful year!
First, the following is a list of goals that I have set for myself this year. I will make every effort to live up to these goals:
- I will try my best to finish all the academy contents for 4th grade that I am required to teach to your child.
- I will look for opportunities to reward and praise students for their work and good behavior.
- I will not show favoritism and will try to be fair to all.
- I will maintain a positive atmosphere for learning.
- I will make myself available and approachable to students.
- I will recognize the individuality of my students and will provide opportunities for each of them to experience success. I pledge to work hard and make this a very successful year for us all.
Also, I consider it of prime importance that you be an active part of your child's education. You are invited to email or call me if you have a question concerning your child's progress. I prefer to use email to keep you posted if there is a situation involving your child. As you can understand, I’m not always available to pick up a phone during daytime. Please allow 24 hours for your email reply. It is important that you and your child be informed of our standards of classroom behavior so everyone knows what is expected. I have always found parents to be very supportive of good classroom behavior so their child has a good environment for maximum learning. I consider it a great privilege and responsibility to be your child's teacher this year, and let me say thank you first for your cooperation and support!