DLS 2017-18 Uniform Policy
Logos from all past school years are acceptable for 2017-18 as long as they are free from rips, holes, or tears.
Do not purchase your own clothing to put the school logo on. These are not considered acceptable uniforms.
- Kindergarten through 4th grade wear navy blue uniform tops and 6th-8th grade wear cardinal/wine or white uniform tops. 5th grade may wear navy blue or white uniform tops.
- All tops must have the school logo, and the DLS logo must be displayed on outerwear when students are inside the school buildings. Other non-logo outerwear can be worn during recess and lunch.
- Students may wear plain white, grey or navy long-sleeved shirts under their short-sleeved uniform shirts, when the weather warrants an extra layer. Undershirts must be plain and may not have logos, writings or designs.
- Twill pants, cargo pants, shorts, skirts, skorts, and capris may be worn in khaki or navy.
- A khaki or navy jumper dress (or a wine/cardinal jumper for 6th grade and up) with the school logo can be worn over a DLS polo shirt (short- or long-sleeved), or over a plain white Peter Pan collared blouse or a plain collared polo shirt.
- All bottoms and Peter Pan collared blouses/ plain colored polo shirts may be purchased at the store of your choice.
- Approved outerwear includes fleece jackets, vests, and sweaters in class colors (navy for K-5 or wine/cardinal for 6-8) and must include the school logo as provided by our uniform vendors.
- Closed-toed shoes of any kind or color are allowed, preferably with non-marking soles.
- White, black, grey, or navy socks; no bright colors or patterns allowed.
- White, black, grey, or navy leggings or tights may be worn under uniform skirts, skorts, or shorts. Leggings may not be worn alone as uniform pants.
- Yoga pants, sweatpants, jeans or track pants are not part of the uniform and may not be worn.
- Hats, scarves, & bandanas are not allowed inside the buildings.
Free dress days will be scheduled throughout the year and the students may wear what they choose as long as it's appropriate for school.